Wednesday 6 April 2011

Easter bonnet cake

In cake decorating this week we had the option of making a few different Easter themed things. One was creme eggs decorated to look like chicks, pigs or even Hello Kitty, one was a medium sized Easter egg with frog faces on and a place to pipe a childs name and the other the Easter bonnet cake as seen below.
I obviously chose the Easter bonnet cake and this was fairly simple to do. I cooked a sponge cake in a pudding bowl to get the shape for the middle of my hat and then covered the board and the cake in one go with sugar paste that had a basketweave pattern rolled on it.
Next I propped up one edge of the sugar paste to create the hideout for the rabbits.
I used modelling techniques to create the rabbits and chicks. The nest was made using a plunger and adding trex to sugar paste to make it go through. I aslo found some micro eggs in tesco's to add to my nest!



No comments:

Post a Comment